Thursday, October 9, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

There have been many bloggers who have written about Breast Cancer such as:



Of Thistles and Maple Leaves

slicksumbich.com

Pseudonymous High School Teacher

and even a Wordless Wednesday post from:

Daryl from: out & about in new york city

But everyone please go and read:

Words of Wisdom from a Smart Mouth Broad

which has to be the best post on the web about Breast Cancer Awareness.


25 Breast Cancer Myths and Misunderstandings


Photobucket
Bear((( )))

5 comments:

Tash said...

Thanks for keeping the awareness going! Early detection is the key (as with most diseases) & I am personally greateful to the advances made in treating this awful disease.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Gee, thanks, Bear. I'm honored that you feel that way. If we all stick together and get the word out...lives will be saved. Thanks for the linky love. :-)

Kay Dennison said...

Thanks for the reminder. It will be time for my annual exams soon. My mother is a breast cancer survivor (with breasts intact) because they caught it early. I am assiduous in making sure about getting my tests and exams and wish others would be, too. If you have financial problems, help is available. In our area, there is something called the Pink Ribbon Project that helps low-income women with the cost of the tests so there's no reason to avoid them. Early detection is the key.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Thanks Bear...I'm all caught up with my mammogram. One of my very best friends is going through radiation treatments from breast cancer right now, so I'm well aware of how important this reminder is.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Bear...

and i love the Pink Ribbon Bear, how cute is that!...

that should be one of the prizes for a Pink Ribbon Club!! it would really bring in the members...