Saturday, August 16, 2008

Scientific Proof


Laughter is the best medicine!
*
*
*
I am sure that I am not alone in saying that participating yesterday in the Olympik
"Synchronized Sittin" event hosted by Bob T Bear (esq.) gave all of us many chuckles.
*
*
*
B T Bear's comments to everyone were so funny and I have to admit one of his comments to me made me laugh out loud.
I get a huge grin on my face every time I think about it even now.
*
I think everyone who entered feels the same and I enjoyed visiting your blogs and seeing your teams.
*
How can anyone feel blue when for a short time we have allowed ourselves to act like children at play.
*
There is scientific proof that laughter is good for your health and a good stress management strategy. It reduces the level of stress hormones in our bodies and gives us an internal workout. A good belly laugh exercises the diaphragm, contracts the abs and even works out the shoulders, leaving muscles more relaxed afterward. It even provides a good workout for the heart.
*
There are many social benefits of laughter because it connects us with others. Also, laughter is contagious, so if you bring more laughter into your life, you can most likely help others around you to laugh more, and realize these benefits as well.
*
So to all who participated either as fellow entrants in the "Synchronized Sittin" or to my many blog friends who left comments on both B T Bear's and my blog; let's give Bob T Bear (esq.) a resounding three cheers.
*
Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray
*
*
Photobucket
Bear((( )))

16 comments:

Kyanite said...

I'll second that!
And, as you're Canadian, I graciously won't mind if you win Gold either...

Have a good w/e.
Blue, your 'sittin' rival!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Hear! Hear! and so say all of us!

bobbie said...

Hurray! And keep the laughter going!

Joy Des Jardins said...

I'll not only second that....I'll third and fourth it. Laughter....the one thing this world needs so much more of. It has been the mainstay in my life that's for sure. I can't imagine surviving without it. May we all laugh our hears out....

Joy Des Jardins said...

Ooops, that was suppose to be 'hearts.' May we all laugh our hearts out...

Did everyone have a good laugh on that one? ~Joy

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Oh boy! 3 cheers! Hehehe! Thank kew! All the competitors ar up on my blog now. Results annownst tomorro! Wa-heyyy!!




ps

I bet it was wat I sed abowt poo in a tupperware box.

Mental P Mama said...

Really fun stuff! Thanks for all the laughs. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the Synchronised Sittin'. I'm rooting for you but there's some tough competition isn't there? All the entries look super! I had no idea there were so many Bears in the blogging world.

photowannabe said...

You definitely win the gold medal to my way of thinking.
Actually, on ABC Wednesdays I feel like my backside soes a lot of "Synchronized Sittin" as I troll through everyones blogs.
Fun blog site Bear Naked!!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

An imagaination is a terrible thing to waste----sure glad your not wasting it and keeping it all to yourself-----(lol)

Anonymous said...

If there ever was an Olympic event I'd feel fit to compete in, it'd have to be Synchronized Sittin". I've certainly got the bottom for it!

Daryl said...

Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray


:-Daryl

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Hooray, and good luck. I'm going to go check out your competition now.

Becky said...

Hi! The competition was fierce!! And, yes, the laughter was the best part of the whole thing! My husband and I have been reading over all the comments and blogs and laughing our heads off! (And, we were excited to see that Team Husker won GOLD!!!! - woo hoo!! Unbelievable... I have to get busy and post all about the celebration ...which is still going on around here - LOL)

Wendy said...

Sorry I did not get over to your blog on Friday. I was outside enjoying the summer sunshine.
I totally agree - laughter is really the best medicine and we don't need scientific proof either. Hip Hip Hurray - for teddy bears, blogging, bloggers, and syndhronized sittin' (which I unfortunately missed).
Have a wonderful week!

Kay Dennison said...

Hurray!!!!!!!! But I dtill think you deserved the GOLD!