Monday, July 21, 2008

Surgery

Today I am having surgery on my shoulder.
*
This is to repair the damage to the Rotator Cuff from when I had my accident.
*
When I fell, I dislocated the shoulder, broke the Humerus (the upper section near the shoulder) and had a complete Rotator Cuff Tear.
*
I have been going to physiotherapy for months and using a TENS unit daily.
*
I also have been taking a narcotic to help deal with the pain but I still have limited range of motion in the arm and do not want to rely on drugs as a pain reliever forever.
*
My orthopaedic surgeon has told me that he can not guarantee 100% full range of motion for the arm but that he will give me back quality of life; that is, no more or limited pain.
*
Sounds good enough for me.
*
So my blogging friends I will be out of commission for a few days, but with the magic of Blogger I have pre-posted my ABC Wednesday post.
*
How could I miss the start of round three at Mrs. Nesbitt's place.
*
Photobucket
Bear((( )))

13 comments:

JeanMac said...

Ouch, I only had a frozen shoulder released surgically. I know you'll do well. Just be sure to follow the surgeon's instructions post-op.

Mental P Mama said...

Hugs to you today! {{{{ ]]]]

bobbie said...

We'll be thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

I've had a torn rotator cuff. Ouch!!!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

I'm thinking about you and wish you a speedy, pain-free recovery. I hope you have someone to wait on you hand and foot. Take advantage of that....the opportunities to have someone take care of you and wait on you are few and far between.

Looking forward to your return.

photowannabe said...

Sending my best thoughts and wishes to you for your surgery and quick recovery.
:0)
{{{HUGS}}}

David said...

I feel your pain and wish you speedy recovery. I will be under the knife in 24 hours or so!

Tabor said...

Surgery is never fun. I send you best wishes and look forward to your speedy return to blogging.

Nervus Rex said...

We'll miss you! Healing thoughts as you recover from your surgery. Your injury is one of the more painful and aggravating ones!

Hugs,
Shawna

Kay Dennison said...

Prayers and good wishes for an excellent and speedy recovery!!!!

Hugsssssssssssssssss

i beati said...

how do you prepost I've been trying to look that up??

Wendy said...

Hope things went well and you are feeling fine.
Lots of bear hugs to you.

millie garfield said...

Wishing you an uncomplicated recovery.

Take it easy, try to relax and take advantage of all the help you will be gettimg.

Bear hugs to you.

Minnesotablue said...

My husband is going through the rotator cuff business and I knw it is not pleasant. Take care of yourself, I wish you good luck.