Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Canada Postal Elves

Now in it's 27th year, over 11,000 current and retired Canada Post employees called the Postal Elves are helping to ensure that every child who sends Santa a letter that includes a return address receives a reply from Santa.

The Santa Letter-writing Program brings joy to children from across Canada and around the world.
Currently, more than one million children write to Santa at his 'NORTH POLE H0H 0H0' address. Each letter that includes a return address receives a reply from Santa.

In addition to giving many children their first introduction to letter writing, this program is also a very important part of the holiday season for thousands of Canada Post employees and retirees.

Although Santa loves to receive letters and drawings, putting cookies and treats in your envelope is not a good idea as they will get crushed and damaged by the time they reach Santa. Santa much prefers to eat his treats on Christmas Eve, so please have your children save them at home for the big day!


Have your children and/or your grandchildren send their letters to Santa with their return address included to:

SANTA CLAUS
North Pole
H0H 0H0
Canada



Photobucket





17 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things I learn visiting your blog. Right, off to write a letter!

Rinkly Rimes said...

Postal workers are certainly smartly dressed in Canada!

Anonymous said...

Hi .. Here is somethign for you .. Hope you like it :

http://creatingnewblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-first-blog-award.html

i beati said...

how rewarding would love that job.. Feeling better??

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Adorable bear. Great program. I'm going to start writing my letter now. What? It's just for kids? Darn.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

I love this bear.

I also love this program. I have no idea if we have a similar one here in the United States, I suppose I ought to know...

Who pays for all that postage for the letters from Santa?

Mental P Mama said...

What a wonderful program. And, adorable bear, as always;)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

My kids (in the US) have indeed received letters from "Santa" when they've mailed letters.

I think this is the first year that they've all been too old to want to write to him! I'm a little sad at that.

bobbie said...

This is such a great program.
And that is such a great bear!

Anonymous said...

How lovely. It takes me back to writing letters to Santa when my children were small.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is me, sablonneuse. Couldn't get past your comment box the normal way.

Baino said...

We have a 'write to Santa' program here but I have no idea who the 'elves' are . . .and there I was thinking my replies from jolly Nick were coming from the north pole!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to give back during the holiday. :)

JeanMac said...

A lovely tradition!

Wendy said...

Cute bear! I think this is a wonderful tradition. Ho Ho Ho.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

ooo! OO! That reminds me I must get my letter off soon!

i beati said...

how special- I just say a special called the most Christmasy places in the world - yayayaya Canadian elves!!